PhD candidates benefiting from a UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa fellowship will be jointly supervised by a professor employed by their African home institution and by an EPFL professor. They may spend short time periods at the EPFL in the laboratory of their EPFL co-supervisor, but will chiefly conduct their doctoral studies and their thesis research in Africa. Their degree will be solely awarded by their home institution.
- To be a national of an African country
- To hold a Master’s degree awarded after the 1st of January 2018 or to be enrolled in the final year of the master study
- To have an outstanding academic track record
- To be enrolled in an African academic institution when the fellowship will start, and to reside in an African country for the duration of the PhD
- To have the endorsement of a professor of an African institution willing to supervise the doctoral thesis for its full duration
The programme awards funding of a maximum of 80’000 Swiss francs in total for a period of at most 54 months. Eligible costs include and are limited to:
Applicants must submit their application with all required documents via the on-line submission platform.
Please read carefully the application guidelines.
Interested applicants must apply on the online submission platform by 20 April 2021 (17:00 CET)
Applicants who are pre-selected will be interviewed by their potential EPFL co-supervisor between the 22nd of June 2021 and the 6th of August 2021.
Results are expected by September 2021.